The Centro de Acompañamiento y Organización a Personas Trabajadoras (Center for Support and Organization of Working People) is made up of women maquila workers in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua who decided to organize to promote decent work.
The alliance between the Proyecto de Derechos Económicos, Sociales y Culturales, A.C. (ProDESC) and the women’s collective Rosa Luxemburgo A.C. allowed the creation of the Centro de Acompañamiento y Organización a Personas Trabajadoras (Center for Support and Organization of Working People) in the spring of 2022.
To be a space of formation and organization for the construction of workers’ power in Ciudad Juarez and the surrounding regions.
We defend the human labor rights of workers in the most precarious sectors such as: domestic and service work; national and international migrant wor;, as well as work from digital platforms and applications.
At CAOPT we provide direct attention to those workers who have suffered some form of abuse or agression at their workplace. We promote the defense of labor human rights to empower workers who seek to assert their right to organize through counseling, training and education in this border city and in the region.
We also address labor rights violations along the supply chain in Mexico and the United States by detecting and denouncing violating practices.
It is the possibility of choosing work and doing it on a voluntary basis:
– To obtain employment without discrimination.
– To be qualified to perform the job.
– To guarantee stability as long as the job exists.
– Protection against unemployment, reinstatement for unjustified dismissal and promotion based on seniority in the job.
Adequate remuneration to satisfy the minimum conditions that allow a decent life for the worker and his family.
– Work schedule in accordance with the law, maximum working day length of 8 hours.
– Sufficient rest to recover lost energy.
– Safe and healthy working environment.
– Indemnity for occupational hazards.
– Humane and respectful treatment.
– Payment of legal benefits; overtime, Christmas bonus, vacation, bonuses.
For the worker it means:
– The possibility of associating or joining a union or any other form of labor organization for the defense of the interests of working persons.
– The right to elect their representatives by free, universal and secret ballot.
– The non-intervention of authorities or employers in union affairs.
– The democratic functioning of the labor union.
It is the possibility for workers organized in a union to negotiate more and better benefits than those established by law as minimum benefits.
Generally consists of:
– The suspension of work from the workplace to pressure the employer in order to obtain better work benefits, obtain an equitable distribution of profits that allows workers to live and work with dignity, as well as exercise the right to collective bargaining.
These rights demand:
– Equal opportunities for men and women in the exercise of all rights.
– Equality between both, without detriment to their employment or acquired rights.
– The right of working women not to be sexually harassed.
– The right not to be required to make efforts during pregnancy that put their health at risk in relation to gestation.
– The right to be granted a minimum period of six weeks before and six weeks after childbirth, with full salary, keeping their jobs and acquired rights.
– Free daycare for their children.
To be understood as:
– The prohibition of work for minors under 14 years of age. The state must provide protection and surveillance so that minors may continue their studies.
– Minors over 14 years of age and under 16 years of age shall have a maximum work day of six hours.
– The authority must guarantee the labor rights of minors.
– No acquired right can be waived, even if there is a document signed before witnesses or any authority.
– The government and the company have the obligation to always respect the rights of workers.
– The State must guarantee by appropriate means, that when a right is violated, working persons may be given a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, so that their rights and obligations may be determined promptly, expeditiously and free of charge.
– That justice be equitable and satisfactory, ensuring the worker and his or her family a decent existence, supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection and equal pay for equal work.
– The labor authorities must guarantee the observance of the labor rights of workers.
asesoría laboral gratuita para trabajadoras de la maquila, asesoría laboral gratuita para trabajadores de la maquila, asesoria laboral gratuita para trabajador de maquila, asesoria laboral gratuita para trabajadora de maquila, asesoría laboral, asesoria laboral, derechos laborales, derechos de los trabajadores, derechos humanos en el trabajo, derechos humanos laborales en méxico, 10 derechos laborales, ejemplos de derechos humanos laborales, caracteristicas de los derechos humanos laborales, derechos de los trabajadores, derechos humanos laborales.
derechos laborales en mexico, derechos laborales ejemplos, 10 derechos del trabajador, cuales son los derechos laborales, derechos del trabajador en mexico, centro de apoyo a trabajadores centro de apoyo a trabajadoras de la maquila.
centro de apoyo a trabajadores en ciudad juarez, centro de apoyo al trabajador cd juarez, CAOPT, Centro de Acompañamiento y Organización a Personas Trabajadoras.